Dare2Share is a clothing giveaway event, specifically intended to benefit our homeless and refugee neighbors in the Triad with necessary clothes for the winter months. Held in downtown Greensboro since 2012; we served over 800 individuals who were mainly homeless and refugees in 2015. Once again participants will be able to shop for winter clothes, shoes, coats, blankets and sleeping bags. We will also provide free children’s books as this is an ongoing need among poor children.
The success of Dare2Share has been in large part due to the generous donations of individuals, organizations, churches and businesses in the Greensboro community. A sizable amount of donations is necessary to provide meaningful winter clothing to such a large number of participants.
So how can you help?
- Clean out your closet. Donate gently used winter clothes, shoes, coats, sleeping bags and blankets! All donations are tax deductible!
- Clean your kids’ bookcases and donate their surplus books.
- Tell your friends and neighbors. Offer to pick up their donations.
- Consider your sphere of influence. Ask your business, gym, club, daycare, school, apartment complex. . . if they would be willing to have a donation box for a week in September or October.
- Volunteer to sort clothes during the week of October 23-28
- Donate food to serve our guests on the day of the event: October 29
- Volunteer on the shopping floor on the morning of October 29 or help clean up during the afternoon.
- Make a cash donation!